Intelligent Transport Systems: New ICT – based Master’s Curricula in Uzbekistan
AGREEMENT NUMBER – 2017 – 3516/001-001
Project reference number – 586292-EPP-1-PL-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission
This webpage reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
1. Gdansk University of Technology (PL), Coordinator
2. ŽILINSKÁ UNIVERZITA V ŽILINE (SL);
3. Alpen–Adria Klagenfurt University (AT);
4. Tashkent University of Information Technology – UZ co-coordinator;
5.Tashkent Institute of Design, Construction and Exploitation of Automobile Roads,;
6. Andijan Mechine Building Institute;
7. Jizzah Polytechnic Institute;
8. Termez State University;
9. Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineering;
UZ Nonacademic Partners
10. Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of Uzbekistan;
11. «Tashshahartransxizmat» Stock Company (Passenger Transportation of Tashkent city);
12. Via-Tashkent LLC – VIAT;
13. The Jizzakh Department of Uzbek Agency for automobile and river transport .
The project's main objectives are the followings:
1.Develop a new MSc curriculum in Intelligent Transport systems.
2.Capasity building in Intelligent Transport systems at 6 Uzbek universities.
3.Establishment of laboratories in ICT-based Intelligent Transport systems.
4. Establish links between university and public societies/institutions/organizations/enterprises.
A wider objective of the project is to create an infrastructure and system for training new generation of engineers in ITS. These engineers will be able to solve local and regional Transport challenges of public administration institutions, industries and private consumption in Uzbekistan.
Main outcomes of the project will be:
To Create a new MSc programme for the Uzbek universities;
a Full Master of Science curriculum with 12 courses for UZ Universities, which meet EU standards;
fully functional and well equipped 6 ITS labs with all tools for analyses and experiments in the areas.